Seasonal Housekeeping Runner at Jeeves by Vacasa
Jeeves by Vacasa is seeking a hard-working, energetic employee who is passionate about delivering on the promise of excellence in customer service. By providing personalized attention to our guests and owners, you will help us maintain our quickly growing portfolio of vacation homes. The right candidate for this role will have a passion for hospitality, a customer first mentality, and a “can-do” attitude. Jeeves by Vacasa sets the standard for vacation rentals by offering hotel style amenities, 24/7 service, concierge, and personalized experiences. Jeeves guidelines also require most homes to have updated or new interiors, fully equipped kitchens, washer/dryers, private pools, and resort access for the most popular resorts in the Orlando area. At the end of the day, owner and guest experience is what matters and anything we can do to help make it a POSITIVE one is what we do!
What we’re looking for
We’re the vacation heroes—giving guests a spotless first impression and setting the tone for an unforgettable experience. By providing personalized attention to our guests and owners, you will help us maintain our quickly growing portfolio of luxury vacation homes.
This is a seasonal position. We are hiring for this position now (start date of 3/17/24) and employment is expected to end on or around 10/27/24. While the company is under no obligation to extend your employment through the season nor beyond the end date, there may be additional opportunities within this or other roles.
Hours can and will vary weekly and seasonally based on business needs.
- $15 / hour
- More benefits and company perks information below
What you’ll do
- Expect the unexpected, no day is the same and it will be spent traveling, performing basic maintenance and tasks in our homes. Flexibility and adaptability is a must.
- Inspecting homes prior to arrival to ensure homes are turned to a high level of cleanliness and items are in good condition & working order to ensure a positive guest experienceInspection of elite & luxury mansions after departures and reporting maintenance issues and damages in a timely manner
- Report any needed repairs needed to the appropriate departmentEnsure homes are fully stocked with essential supplies for guests to have an exception experience
- The job duties described, are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Maintain a high standard of property cleanliness in homes that can be 7+bedrooms with arcades, bowling alleys, pools, and theme rooms
- Maintain good working conditions and ensure luxury home appearance and report to your manager when there are items of concern
- Meet and maintain Jeeves by Vacasa’s Standard Unit Appearance, correcting inconsistencies in the homes you enter
- Perform housekeeping duties as required during off-season and/or when business necessitates additional assistance in cleaning units
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with fellow regional team members and upper management team.
- Work as a team to help get the job done and provide cross coverage for other team members
The skills you’ll need
- Communicator: proactively communicate with our guests, owners, housekeeping team, maintenance team and local/central teams via email, phone, and in person.
- Problem Solver: at Vacasa, we always seek to head problems off at the pass, but chaos theory prevails and we can't pre-solve for everything. When something doesn't go according to plan, you will need to go into action and work with teams across Vacasa to turn problems into opportunities.
- Can do/will do attitude: when guests are on vacation, we are our busiest. A willingness to help when needed is essential. This will include weekends and holidays.
- Natural born leader: as a Runner, you will need to take charge and rescue the tasks at hand. Your ability to think on your feet, be collective with your thoughts and have a positive way of interacting with others is essential.
- Computer Savvy: Our custom developed management software has set Vacasa apart as an industry leader. We use our system to manage all aspects of our business. While we will never ask you to do any coding, we will want you to be very comfortable using a computer. If you commonly find yourself saying, "I bet I can get on youtube and figure out how to do that.", you'll be just fine.
- Highly Organized: This position requires balancing competing priorities on a day to day and minute by minute basis. At Vacasa we are dedicated to providing the best tools possible to manage the workload, but there is a critical human piece that you will provide. We rely on you to balance those priorities and kick into action with your organization skills to manage the workload.
- Change Agent: At Vacasa, we firmly believe that every employee should be a stakeholder in improving our owner and guest experience. As an agent of change we will ask you to help identify areas where we have an opportunity to improve.
- The ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Reasonable comfort level with computers and smart devices
- Access to the internet and the ability to check your email on a daily basis
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation to and from work is required
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option based on hours worked
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits based on hours worked
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts based on hours worked
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.