Seasonal Linen Specialist at Palmilla Resort
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Robust local teams are vital for successful vacation rentals—so much so that local operations teams make up the majority of our workforce. Our operations teams help make vacation memories happen by ensuring a seamless stay for our guests.
What we’re looking for
We’re searching for hard-working individuals who embody our core values while maintaining the supreme cleanliness of our homes.
This is a seasonal position. We are hiring for this position to start Monday March 4th and employment is expected to end on or around 9/29/24. While the company is under no obligation to extend your employment through the season nor beyond the end date, there may be additional opportunities within this or other roles.
- $XX - $XX / hour or $XXXXX - $XXXXX / year (INSTRUCTIONS – delete when done: Please put a space before and after the forward-slash and hyphen. Do not use commas. Do not use shorthand notations like "k" to express thousands or DOE.)
- Bonus details (INSTRUCTIONS - enter Sign-On and Retention Bonus details for applicable jobs only. Delete if not applicable)
- More benefits and company perks information below
What you’ll do
- Professionally wash and dry laundry items, such as linen, terry, blankets, bedspreads, etc.
- Sort, fold, label, and organize Vacasa’s laundry items
- Ensure supplies are prepared in a timely manner for pick-up
- Responsible for picking up and dropping off supplies (as-needed basis)
- Properly utilize the necessary tools, chemicals, and products to clean to company standards
- Observe and report any damage or potential hazards
- Operate commercial washers and dryers in a laundry facility or on-site
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with team members and management team
- Attend all mandatory individual and team meetings
- Assist your colleagues and management team when necessary
- Other responsibilities as assigned - because every day looks different
The skills you'll need
- Daytime and weekend availability
- Reliable, consistent transportation
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Highly responsive and reliable
- Strong attention to detail and self-motivated
- Prior experience in linen care is preferred although we can train the right individual
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time.
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Push, pull, and lift less than or equal to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
- Operate machinery and use of cleaning products
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Comfortable working with iPhones, computers and the internet/email
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option based on hours worked
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits based on hours worked
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts based on hours worked
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.