Principal Product Manager
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Product at Vacasa
Our motto is to move fast and dream big. Vacasa is well-resourced and we’re going places. Our culture is laid-back but our turnarounds are tight, so we switch gears quickly. You’ll innovate and iterate, and your work will make an impact.
What we’re looking for
As a Principal Product Manager on the Homeowner Growth team, you will set the strategy, define the roadmap, and deliver product enhancements focused on new owner acquisition, owner segmentation, onboarding, and monetization. This is a dynamic and visible role within the organization, with high demands on clear communication, product sense, data-driven decision making, and the ability to influence stakeholders across multiple groups.
This position will report to the Sr. Director of Product, Homeowner. You will be working in an environment where collaboration is valued, the best ideas win, and you will be encouraged to use your creativity and drive to bring new features and ideas to market. You will work closely with your design/engineering counterparts as well as product leadership to ensure that product/business outcomes and homeowner satisfaction goals are met.
What you'll do
- Partner with product leadership to define the long-term vision and set the strategy for your product area, and inspire stakeholders to execute.
- Drive homeowner value and business impact by deeply understanding homeowner needs and the evolving short-term rentals ecosystem and move quickly to ship products.
- Work with an amazing multi-disciplinary team across engineering, design, research, data science, sales, marketing, operations, finance and legal to deliver high quality products.
- Exercise sound decision making and sensible prioritization by determining what we should do, why, and when.
- Design and conduct A/B tests and experiments to evaluate the effectiveness of features, iterating on approaches to continuously improve performance.
- Foster the mindset of continuous improvement to grow and mature the practice of product management at Vacasa.
Skills you'll need
- 5+ years of experience in product management in dynamic, complex environments in a B2C or B2B capacity.
- Strong product sense - you have deep empathy for customers, well defined taste, and the ability to partner with UX research and design to translate customer problems and insights into meaningful and frictionless experiences.
- Sense of ownership - you understand the scale of the opportunity ahead, move with urgency, never hesitate to tackle challenges head on, and persevere in the face of adversity
- Metrics and impact driven – you have a keen sense of what’s important to the business, use data to uncover problems and make strategic tradeoff decisions, and measure the impact you and your team are driving.
- Strong communication skills - you are an active listener, have a talent for succinctly and persuasively articulating your ideas, and a calm and collected executive presence that builds trust with stakeholders.
- Technical expertise and aptitude - you have experience with Agile development methodologies, an understanding of software development best practices, and the technical chops to advise and evaluate engineering decisions.
- (if remote) Ability to work from home and resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
- $142,000 - $188,000 / year
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance - employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.