Seasonal Activity Assistant at Sea Colony
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Robust local teams are vital for successful vacation rentals—so much so that local operations teams make up the majority of our workforce. Our operations teams help make vacation memories happen by ensuring a seamless stay for our guests.
What we’re looking for
The activities assistant will act as a central point for all activities operations. They will assist all customers in a pleasant, energetic and professional manner. This person will assist the activities and fitness manager in all duties related to programs for the activities department.
This is a seasonal position. We are hiring for this position now and employment is expected to end on or around 09/03. While the company is under no obligation to extend your employment through the season nor beyond the end date, there may be additional opportunities within this or other roles.
- $14 - $15 / hour
- More benefits and company perks information below
What you’ll do
- Maintain knowledge of the Sea Colony Community and be available to refer guests and members to other Sea Colony locations
- Assist the manager in conducting daily activities offered during the summer season
- Provide information on all daily activities and special events
- Oversee the supervision of personnel associated with certain programs
- Maintain inventory of all activity supplies
- Provide administrative and clerical assistance to management as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service to all participants
- Communicate to management any issues with programs
Skills and Position Requirements
- Good communication and customer service skills required
- Able to multitask and run an activity once given directions
- Change Agent: At Vacasa, we firmly believe that every employee should be a stakeholder in improving our owner and guest experience. As an agent of change, we will ask you to help identify areas where we have an opportunity to improve
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Availability to work Sunday through Saturday, early mornings and evenings as needed.
- Occasional need to perform housekeeping and/or inspection duties
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms
- The physical demands described here are an example of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option based on hours worked
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits based on hours worked
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts based on hours worked
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.