Seasonal Banquet Captain
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Robust local teams are vital for successful vacation rentals—so much so that local operations teams make up the majority of our workforce. Our operations teams help make vacation memories happen by ensuring a seamless stay for our guests.
Why Operations at Vacasa
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. We’re hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. We’re the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners and guests.
What we’re looking for
Vacasa is looking for a strong leader who is competent, energetic, and has strong customer service skills to join our team as a Banquet Captain. This person is a hard-working individual who will embody our values while ensuring guests are provided excellent service.
This is a seasonal position. We are hiring for this position now and employment is expected to end on or around 10/31. While the company is under no obligation to extend your employment through the season nor beyond the end date, there may be additional opportunities within this or other roles.
- $15 / hour
- Bonus details: $500 Sign on Bonus - 50% after 30 days, 50% after 90 days
- More benefits and company perks information below
What you'll do
- Manage an efficient and high-quality team, ensuring they are trained, effective, and adhere to all Vacasa policies and procedures
- Support your team to ensure they are fully prepared for daily operations and step in to assist where needed to ensure guest service and satisfaction.
- Maintain positive guest, owner and associate relationships by responding in a timely manner to all inquiries and concerns.
- Ensure compliance is followed with all food handling processes, along with kitchen safety standards.
- Provide cross-coverage for your manager and team when necessary
- Performs other duties as needed
Skills you’ll need
- 1-2 years of food service supervision experience and at least 1 year of customer service supervision experience in service or retail environment
- Availability to work Sunday through Saturday, early mornings and evenings as needed.
- Professional in all forms of communications such as email, phone calls, video calls and texts
- Basics to complex kitchen equipment, small appliances and kitchen tools knowledge
- Cash handling, counting and moderate calculations required
- Technical computer skills required on all forms of hardware - laptops, tablets and mobile devices
- Ability to work well under pressure in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
- Highly responsive and reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option based on hours worked
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits based on hours worked
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts based on hours worked
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.