Seasonal Cook at Bay Watch Resort
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Robust local teams are vital for successful vacation rentals—so much so that local operations teams make up the majority of our workforce. Our operations teams help make vacation memories happen by ensuring a seamless stay for our guests.
What we’re looking for
Vacasa is seeking a hard-working, energetic employee who is passionate about delivering on the promise of excellence in customer service. The Cook will be responsible for providing excellent guest service as it pertains to the food and beverage outlets of resort. You will promptly complete food orders and prepare food ensuring quality. You will maintain the company’s expected high quality standards and will follow all safety protocols as dictated by company policy and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards at all times.
This is a seasonal position. We are hiring for this position now and employment is expected to end on or around 10/31. While the company is under no obligation to extend your employment through the season nor beyond the end date, there may be additional opportunities within this or other roles.
- $15 / hour
- More benefits and company perks information below
What you’ll do
- Prepare all food and set the assigned area for on-time opening, ensuring assigned area is fully equipped with product, equipment, tools, etc. necessary to properly execute incoming orders.
- Perform all cooking tasks in compliance with company standards and approved recipes to achieve excellent guest service and satisfaction.
- Properly fill orders placed by the front of the house Associates, doing so in a prompt, efficient, and courteous manner. Keep front of the house Associates informed of items running out in a timely manner to protect the guest experience.
- Ensure that the kitchen area and all its equipment are clean and in proper working condition. Maintain cleanliness and order in all coolers as well as freezers and ensure proper rotation of perishable products.
- Properly follow all health department requirements and make sure all products are stored and kept in a safe and sanitary fashion. Do not use products if you doubt its freshness.
- Address service staff concerns promptly and appropriately to ensure guests leave the restaurant satisfied.
- Follow all opening and closing procedures and checklists. Perform all necessary cleaning assignments.
The skills you’ll need
- Must be detail oriented and able to work independently
- Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to give high priority to customer service
- Must be able to solve problems with a minimum of supervision
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Small appliances and kitchen tools knowledge
- Basic knowledge of inventory and rotation of food
- Serve Safe Certification a plus
- 6-12 months recent cooking experience preferred, preferably in a high volume operation
Work environment and physical demands
- Must be able to work week days and weekends, holidays and some on-call hours
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
- The physical demands described here are an example of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture